Nick Falkides graduated from Williamsville South High School in 1981. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business in 1985, and from University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1988.
Mr. Falkides began his legal career at a large firm in Philadelphia, where he handled both commercial real estate and corporate transactional work. He then returned to Buffalo, where he worked in his family’s real estate business before resuming the practice of law, first with a smaller firm and later with a medium-sized firm. In both instances he handled a wide range of corporate transactions and commercial real estate work, with matters ranging in size from $100,000 to $18,000,000. He also began handling smaller commercial litigation matters, often involving real estate.
Mr. Falkides subsequently altered his practice by focusing almost exclusively on commercial litigation. He has experience handling zoning disputes, title and boundary disputes, breach of contract claims, trademark enforcement actions, shareholder disputes, restrictive covenant [non-competition] enforcement actions and construction defect claims. He has also defended various employment discrimination claims, including a wage and hour class action against a casino.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School [J.D. 1988]
- Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania [B.S. 1985]
Admitted to Practice:
- State of New York, 1994
- State of New Jersey, 1988
- State of Pennsylvania, 1988
- Creddille v. MTA N.Y. City Transit Auth. & Core Envtl. Corp., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 88426 (E.D.N.Y. 2014), aff’d. 626 Fed. Appx. 343(2d Cir. 2015)
- National Traffic Service, Inc. v. Fiberweb, Inc., 829 F.Supp.2d 185 (W.D.N.Y. 2011)
- Carrasquillo v. SEB Development, LLC, 78 A.D.3d 1599, 910 N.Y.S.2d 620 (4th Dept. 2010)
- Meyer v. Stout, 79 A.D.3d 1666, 914 N.Y.S.2d 834 (4th Dept. 2010)
- American Diabetes Association v. Abbey, Mecca & Co., Inc., 77 A.D.3d 1333, 909 N.Y.S.2d 250 (4th Dept. 2010)
- Bany v. Health Devices Corp., 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 53037 (W.D. Pa. 2007)
- Kielich v. Romanowski, 34 A.D.3d 1206, 824 N.Y.S.2d 518 (4th Dept. 2006)
- Keystone Mfg. Co. v. Jaccard Corp., 394 F.Supp.2d 543 (W.D.N.Y. 2005)