Joe Saeli’s practice focuses on business and employment law His experience as a practicing attorney and as an executive in one of Warren Buffett’s companies gives him unique skills to confront the legal challenges facing businesses very pragmatically.
Joe is experienced in forming, buying and selling businesses and professional practices, and meeting all other legal needs of these organizations. He has worked with many medical professionals in buying and selling practices.
Joe’s practice also includes assisting private and public sector employers in all aspects of employment law, including defending employment discrimination claims and preparing employee handbooks. He has assisted many clients in negotiating and preparing employment agreements and severance agreements. Joe has also conducted internal investigations for a variety of organizations.
Joe is a graduate of Canisius College and the Boston University School of Law. Before coming to Colligan Law, Joe was General Counsel and V.P. Human Resources at the Buffalo News, a Division of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. He was previously a partner in a major New York law firm.
Joe is a certified Federal Court Mediator in the Western District of New York, and has mediated almost 200 cases.
Joe’s professional achievements have been recognized by his selection for many years in Buffalo Business First’s Legal Elite (formerly Who’s Who in Law), and Upstate New York Super Lawyers. Joe has received a peer review rating of “AV” from Martindale Hubbell. This is the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
Joe is active in Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, which assists employees returning to work after military service. In 2019 Joe received the Small Business Administration Champion of the Year Award for his contributions to Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.
- Boston University of Law, J.D.
- Canisius College, B.A.
Admitted to Practice:
- New York State
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Memberships & Community Involvement:
- Buffalo Executives Association (Board Member)
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
- Erie County Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Committee (former Chair)
- NYS Bar Association Labor Law Committee
- Personnel Management Council of Western New York
- Organization of Public Employer Negotiators
Awards & Acknowledgements:
- Small Business Administration Champion of the Year Award
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating of “AV”
- Buffalo Business First’s Legal Elite (formerly Who’s Who In Law)
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers